Friday, December 1, 2006

Two Films, One Evening

After work this evening a friend and I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant (I had mole poblano). Then saw a double feature at the movie theater: "For Your Consideration" followed by "The Queen". I thoroughly enjoyed both. The first was quite funny, the second quite dramatic. Just the way I would suspect many actors/actresses behave over the whole academy awarde hype. In "The Queen", Helen Mirren did an excellent job portraying Queen Elizabeth II. I found it interesting to see the Royal Family from this most different perspective. In fact, I thought all the performances were great. The people cast in "The Queen" did a fantastic job of performing the roles of their real life counterparts - their looks, actions, behaviours, speech...I would definitely recommend both films if you haven't seen them already.

When we left the theater it was storming outside. There was a violent downpour of rain. It is still in the mid-70s, but I think the bitter cold will strike very early in the morning. Unfortunately, will head to work in freezing temperatures no doubt. Looking forward to the weekend though!

No comments: