Saturday, December 9, 2006

Friday's Christmas Party and Today

Well, the Christmas party hosted by someone in one of my classes was a lot of fun Friday evening. There was tons of food there and I was absolutely stuffed! I would say about less than half the class showed up, but those who did all brought food and wine. Someone brought some sort of sparkling wine that was really good. The spread of food included: cheese ball, cheese sticks, and spinach dip with King's Hawaiian bread for appetizers; green bean casserole (I cooked that), hashbrown casserole, steamed vegetables, and rolls for side dishes; a marinated and grilled pork tenderloin as the main dish; and for dessert a stollen (German Christmas bread - I brought that), some fruit and cream white cake from a bakery, fudge, and some other little things. Someone also brought some fruit tea which they made by mixing sweet tea, orange juice, and pineapple juice. Everything was absolutely delicious! We were all very stuffed! The whole evening was quite pleasant.

After that, around 11:00 pm or so, I went by home to see one of my younger brothers who had just flown in from college for the Christmas break. Stayed there until about 1:00 am before heading back to my apartment. Several of his friends were there as well. It was nice to visit. I got to talking with my mom and some of the rest of them about some of the funny things that happened throughout the week at work and elsewhere.

Today I slept late, which was a welcome change, and then had rehearsal all afternoon at the old theater downtown where my church orchestra is having a Christmas concert Sunday evening. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoy playing with that group. The show tomorrow night should be quite spectacular, moving, and fun. I do believe it is a sellout too - I don't think there are any tickets left! It's being hosted by a local television weather personality. This will be the last Christmas concert I'll be playing in for this season - until next year! I do love being a part of these type of things.

I think my family and I are going to get to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in a couple of weeks. That should be a real blast!

This evening, my brother who just got home from college last night prepared us a vegan meal of vegetable soup and polenta with tabouli.

No comments: