Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Routine

Well, I seem to have gotten into a routine with work and everything else lately. It seems that my weekday schedule generally unfolds in the following order:

7:30 - wake up, shower, shave, eat breakfast, get dressed.
8:30 - leave for work from the suburbs.
9:00 - arrive at work downtown.
sometime after 1:00 - take a 30 minute lunch break.
5:00 - leave work and spend at least one hour in rush hour traffic heading out of downtown back into suburbia.

Evening schedule:
6:00 or later - arrive home from work and decide what to do for dinner (or get ready for orchestra rehearsal on Wednesdays, which lasts 7:00 to 9:00 pm), then work on homework when school is in session or work on the book my brother and I are co-authoring until after midnight. I usually try to run/swim/workout for at least an hour sometime each evening as well. At any rate, all that is the most typical evening, but some evenings I visit my parents or grandparents, or go out to eat with friends.

It all makes for a full day.

I'm really excited about Christmas (as usual). Looks like a lot of fun times will be had with family, and lots of good food. Hopefully sometime this week my family and I can go see two movies: "Eragon" and "The Nativity". I'd like to see both of those. Well, officially the place where I work is only giving us Christmas Day off (the owner is Jewish so I guess we're lucky to even be getting that day), but I think I'm going to take Friday and Tuesday off as well. I especially do not want to have to go right back to work the very day after Christmas. Also, my youngest brother has a birthday two days after Christmas.

Spent all day at work yesterday putting together a large L-shaped desk for a coworker. There was no electric screwdriver so the hundreds of screws were screwed in manually and I now have blisters on my palms and soreness in my wrists. We were informed that tomorrow we must assemble another desk of the same type for another coworker. I must be the best one around the office for manual labor. Oh, well - all in a day's work.

No comments: