Friday, July 7, 2006

New York City

Well, I just got back from a jaunt to New York City yesterday. My youngest brother was doing some auditioning for various things, so we stayed in his hotel room. We left early Sunday morning - July 2 - and got back yesterday afternoon. This was my third time there. Monday we took a cruise all the way around Manhattan Island and saw many interesting sights including the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, United Nations, the many bridges, as well as the general scenery of Manhattan. Then we looked around in Central Park - specifically Strawberry Fields. That evening we met for dinner and went to a fancy Mexican restaurant. The guacamole prepared right at the table from fresh ingredients is delicious. That night we all went up in the Empire State Building.
Tuesday, Independence Day, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Chinatown, Little Italy, and then saw the fireworks show from Battery Park on the southern tip of Manhattan Island.
Wednesday we went on a tour of the United Nations - something I've always wanted to see as I've had an interest in the organization for some time. We also saw the Museum of Natural History, which was absolutely spectacular with all its rooms and displays from different regions around the world.
Thursday we rode the train back out to Long Island and flew home on Southwest Airlines.

Also, Thursday evening, one of my Aunt's friends from Thailand - but Chinese - was cooking Chinese food for my other brother and some of his friends, so we went as well. All the dishes were quite delicious!

My other brother and mom get home from NYC this afternoon.

Now I have to get ready for another trip. Monday morning, one of my brothers and I leave for Ecuador, with subsequent travel to Peru, Bolivia, and Mexico - in all totalling about five weeks. I'm extremely excited!

No comments: